Snooker & Pool
Our club is open to any level of ability. Whether you are a seasoned veteran, or a complete novice, we cater to everyone in our small close-knit community. We practice regularly, with sessions every Tuesday and Wednesday.
For those who want to test themselves competitively, we have over 10 university tournaments throughout the year which will see you facing off against some of the best student-players in the country. We are also involved in two leagues, where you can test your skills against the local pubs and clubs of Birmingham. If that doesn’t appeal to you, and you want to play cuesports for the social aspect, we have regular socials organised every one or two weeks.
How to get involved
The membership fee is £70. Taster session and/or trial information will be available soon.
Please note that on top of the club fee there is a £16 fee that covers personal accident insurance when training or competing for the University, access to free cross-training sessions such as circuits and yoga, as well as a contribution to the costs of affiliation to various national governing bodies. This fee is only payable once so if you did decide to join a second club then you would not need to pay a second fee.
3 skills this sport will give you:
You’ll create so many memories!
Training times & venues
Perfection Snooker Club
Tuesdays 7-10pm and Wednesdays 5-8pm
Perfections Sports Bar and Snooker Club, 1239 Pershore Road, Stirchley, Birmingham, B30 2YT
(20 minute walk from campus or 5 minutes from Bournville station)
*All training times and venues subject to change
- Team Runners-up in 3 university tournaments in 2018/19, as well as winning the Trophy in Hatfield.
- Yiqi Xu finished 3rd in the individuals in Northampton, whilst Sam Eardley placed 2nd in Northampton and won the individuals in Hatfield.
- The 1st team also made it to the quarterfinal of the Trophy in BUCS 8-ball in Great Yarmouth.
Level of competition/participation:
BUCS competitions for 8-Ball (February), 9-Ball (December) and Snooker (March)
University based competitions throughout the year
Internal ongoing competitions for all members with multiple tiers
Social mini competitions during training
All members are eligible for all of this and we try to give all players a chance to play competitively
Club captain: Louis Miranda-Smedley
- Over the last few years, we have doubled are club size, and are starting to really progress competitively, consistently achieving deep runs in tournaments.
- We host an annual 9-Ball competition at the end of exams in early June. The 2016 event saw 78 players compete from 10m different Universities.