Sport and Fitness
- Bring a towel and your ID card.
- Please use your towel to sit or lie on when using the equipment.
- Sanitiser wipes are available for you to wipe down the equipment.
- All bags and loose clothing should be secured within a locker.
- Please wear appropriate gym clothing.
- Please keep footwear on at all times.
- There is a 20 minute limit on all cardiovascular equipment during busy periods.
- Please only use one piece of kit at a time and share equipment during busy periods.
- Please return all equipment back to its allocated storage position.
- Please use walkways and avoid walking across the lifting platforms.
- Clips must be used on bars all the time.
- Do not leave any used equipment out on the floor.
- Please do not block the fire exits and walk ways.
- All swimmers must shower before using the swimming pool.
- No outdoor footwear allowed on poolside or changing area.
- No glass-lensed spectacles to be worn – we recommend prescription goggles as an alternative.
- The use of mobile phones/tablets/recording devices is not allowed in the pool area or changing areas.
- All bags must be stored in a locker whilst swimming
Children under 4 years of age must wear a swimming nappy
- Soft hand paddles are permitted in the following ratios: 25-metre sessions = 4 per lane and 50-metre sessions = 8 per lane
- Junior to adult ratios:
– Children aged 2 and under – 1 adult : 1 child (The adult must be within reach of the child at all times)
– Children aged 3 to 13 – 1 adult : 2 children; (The adult must directly supervise both children at all times)
– Children aged 14 and over may swim unsupervised
– Strong swimmers aged 8 to 13 can complete a competency test which may allow them to swim unsupervised in the water (supervision is still required on poolside)
Sauna and Steam Room Etiquette
- Remove all jewellery before entering
- Sit on a towel and wear appropriate swimwear at all times
- Close the door quickly behind you when entering or leaving
- Hydrate regularly
- Respect other users by maintaining a quiet and relaxing space
- Shower before and after use
- Leave when asked to do so by a member of staff
- Use the sauna and steam room for more than 15 minutes at a time
- Exceed more than 12 people at a time
- Carry or use any mobile devices
- Use any kind of oils or essence
- Shave or groom
You should not use the sauna and steam room if you:
- Are under the age of 16
- Are pregnant
- Have a serious illness, high or low blood pressure or a respiratory condition which may affect your reaction to heat
- Have a contagious disease, infectious skin condition, open sores or wounds
- Have an illness causing an inability to perspire
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drug