Inside the Gym
Sport & Fitness
INSIDE THE GYM
The gym at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness offers an unrivalled experience with a huge range of Technogym equipment.
Covering two levels, the upper floor contains a huge range of cardiovascular and resistance machines as well as an area for functional training and stretching.
The lower floor has an extensive range of free weights, Olympic lifting platforms, cable machines and cardio machines for warming up. The gym overlooks the 50-metre swimming pool and has a light, spacious feel.
JOIN ONLINE & START USING THE GYM TODAY
GYM GROUP TRAINING
These programmed sessions will add variety and all-round body conditioning to your workouts.
Very different from group exercise classes, Gym Group Training is designed by personal trainers using cardio equipment, free weights, bodyweight and flexibility exercises.
Available to students with a Sport & Fitness Prime; Sport & Fitness Core; Tiverton Gym Plus or non-student members who have classes included in their membership (inclusive membership).
OUR EXPERT PERSONAL TRAINERS
Wayne’s educational background has helped him to specialise in return from injury rehab and exercise programming, and allowed him to expertly provide health assessments where needed.
Duval believes that the gym should be a fun place where you can relieve stress and improve your fitness. His main areas of interest are strength training, functional fitness and plyometrics.
Vinay has been mentored by some of the biggest names in the health and fitness industry, and as a result, he's very adaptable to tailoring his approach to suit your specific lifestyle.
Peter has worked in a diverse range of health, nutrition and fitness environments over the past 14 years, and has a real passion for getting people to where they want to be without compromising their health.
Since leaving the Army after 24 years of service, Janine decided to follow her passion for health and fitness by becoming a Personal Trainer. She has the ability to get the best out of people, and also has a pre and post natal qualification.
Simon has been a Personal Trainer since 2011, and has a wealth of experience in programming, adapting and delivering exercise for Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, arthritis as well as Pre-Natal.
Cristian is committed to making sure that you enjoy your workout programme, as he knows this is key to long-lasting change. He's constantly keeping up to date on muscle building and nutrition research studies, to help his clients to reach the best outcomes.
John is an Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach and qualified Personal Trainer with over 10 years’ experience. John has enjoyed working with clients at all levels, from those who are new to training at the gym to more experienced and professional athletes. He has also worked with a variety of university sport teams and national governing bodies in many different sports.
Joe is an experienced weightlifting and strength training coach with over 10 years experience. He has worked with everyone from complete beginner, all the way to professional athlete, and is also keen to help anyone achieve their goals regardless their experience or ability.
Muscle and Weight Analysis
State-of-the-art equipment is used to establish your overall body fat, muscle and water mass percentages,
as well as its distribution around your body. This helps to track how your body reacts to improvements you make to your nutrition and exercise routine. Your height, weight and body mass index will also be measured.
* additional cost, please speak with our
- 30+ cardiovascular stations, including state-of-the-art energy saving treadmills, rowers and spin cycles to provide a varied workout
- Two bespoke climbing mills
- Best-in-class cross trainers with built in routines, ensuring an all round workout. Vary your experience by choosing from our free motion, arc motion or elliptical trainers.
- Group cycle stations as well as various upright bikes.
- Exceptional free weights training facilities including nine lifting bay squat racks
- Three olympic standard benches
- Bench pull station
- Dumbbell station with wide variety of weight variations, up to 30kg.
- Seven adjustable weight benches, including incline and decline variations
- Multipower smith machine
- Assisted dip chin machine
- Target key muscle groups with the military shoulder press, preacher curl bench and standing leg curl stations.
- Environmental-conscious equipment is a key feature of the gym, including self-powered Skill Mills
Join online now and choose your start date.