UoB Sport & Fitness has a huge range of squash and racketball opportunities suited to all ages and abilities including: introductory coaching courses, social sessions, recreational and competitive leagues and events.
Our six glass back squash courts offer one of the best squash experiences in Birmingham. Three of them are show courts with 200 spectator seats and another is an interactiveSQUASH court. Three courts also have the ability to be converted into two international standard doubles courts.
JOIN ONLINE & START USING THE courts TODAY
SPORT & FITNESS MEMBERSHIP
A Sport & Fitness membership gives you access to our squash facilities, alongside our pool, gym, exercise classes, and Gym Group Training!
Our squash courts are exclusively available to members with peak and off-peak options available.
Peak members can book up to two peak sessions per day, capped at a maximum of two per week and an unlimited amount of off-peak courts. Off-peak members can book up to two off-peak sessions per day.
Squash members can also be affiliated to England Squash on request.
Pay & Go Squash
Exclusively available to
Sport & Fitness members
University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness has six glass-back squash courts available for members of Sport & Fitness to book with Pay & Go if squash is not included in your membership.
As the squash courts are a member-only area, non-members cannot book courts.
Social Squash is open to all members of any ability. We host two sessions per week to encourage our members to meet new squash partners in a friendly and relaxed environment.
You’ll get the chance to play others members of a similar standard to develop your game play.
There is no need to book the session, you can turn up at any time during he session. Off-peak members can also attend these sessions.
Sport & Fitness Squash League
The Squash League is open to all squash and inclusive members at Sport & Fitness. This recreational league offers an opportunity for players of all ages and ability to meet new opponents in fun, competitive matches.
The leagues run in six-week cycles and matches are organised by the players so you can schedule games whenever is convenient for both opponents. New members will be welcomed into a league at the beginning of the next six-week cycle. New members will join the lowest league unless you would like to be assessed on your playing standard.
Warwickshire Squash League
We also offer our members the opportunity to compete in the Warwickshire League, in which we currently have four teams competing in the Winter League and one in the Summer League.
The Warwickshire League is a higher competitive standard than the Squash League and typically only competitors from Divisions 1 and 2 will be selected for the Warwickshire teams.
Contact us via [email protected] or 0121 4144117 for more information.
HOW TO BOOK INTERACTIVE SQUASH
If you are already a member or Pay & Go user of the Sport & Fitness club, you will be able to book an interactiveSQUASH court in the same way as you would book a standard squash court.
If you are new to Sport & Fitness, please create an account online to be able to book interactiveSQUASH courts.
FAMILY SESSIONS: If you would like to book a family fun session, please book as normal and then visit reception when you arrive to pay your guest fees and soft balls and eyewear will be supplied for free.
Please note, juniors under 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+ and under 18s must wear protective eyewear on the squash courts.
The interactiveSQUASH court can hold a maximum of 4 participants at one time and all participants must wear non-marking shoes.
BOOKING AVAILABLE SOON
All interactive squash sessions are 40 minutes. Standard squash equipment can be used; rackets, balls, protective eyewear and soft balls are all available to hire from reception.
- Inclusive or Squash Members – Peak £4.20 / Off Peak £2.10
- Student Member (without squash included) – Peak £8.25 / Off Peak £5.10
- Student Non-Member – Peak £10.20 / Off Peak £6.30
- Community or Staff Member (without squash included) – Peak £9.15 / Off Peak £6.30
- Community or Staff Non-Member – Peak £11.40 / Off Peak £7.95
A guest fee must be paid by anyone using the court other than the lead booking person. Guest fees are payable at reception before your session.
- Squash Member – Free
- Student Member (of Sport & Fitness) – £3.40
- Student Non-Member – £4.20
- Community or Staff Member – £3.40
- Community or Staff Non-Member – £4.20
- Junior Member (of Sport & Fitness) – Free
- Junior Non-Member – £2.50
HOW TO activate your INTERACTIVE SQUASH court
- Once you have booked your interactiveSQUASH session, download the interactiveSQUASH app to control the court, track your personal statistics and compete worldwide. The app is free on the App Store or Google Play
- Ensure your Bluetooth is switched on
- Stand within the interactiveSQUASH court at the start of your pre-booked session to login and activate your court via the activate button
- Select a game or training module from the dashboard
- When you select a game or training module, you will see your previous stats and the current worldwide leaderboard
- Change your password or personal information in the settings section
- After the session is finished, your stats will be stored in the game stats section of the app
SQUASH OFF-PEAK TIMES
Weekdays: 6 – 11.40am, 1.20 – 4pm, 9.20 – 10.30pm
Weekends: All off-peak