University of Birmingham Boxing Club caters to everyone; whether you’re a beginner and just want to improve your fitness, through to those who want to be on a competitive squad.
Training takes place in the heart of Digbeth’s Irish Quarter at Pat Benson Boxing Academy, one of Birmingham’s most successful boxing clubs which has produced multiple regional and national champions throughout the years. Sessions are run by top-level coaches: Paddy Benson, a former international boxer and UoB student, and boxers Bradley Savage and Cianán Folan.
The gym itself has excellent multi-purpose gym facilities, setting them apart not only from other regional boxing clubs, but from many across the UK. Facilities include:
- Two competiton-sized boxing rings
- Large bag room and circuit area
- Strength and conditioning equipment
- Cardio machines
To find out more about the club or how to get involved with the club, please use the ‘contact us’ button to contact the club directly, or message us on any of our social media pages using the links provided.
President: Jack Kadansky
£122.50 full membership includes:
Access to Pat Bensons Programme for semester 1, 2 and 3 x maximum 4 hours per week qualified coaching in a dedicated Pat Benson Boxing Academy
Sport related equipment provided
Extra – not compulsory
- Mini bus to PBBA sessions £2 per week x 44 sessions
- Club related social activity
- Individual club clothing purchased – varied on price
- Club S&C sessions (£1.50) and additional sparring sessions (£5)
Pay As You Go membership
- £40 base fee and then £3 at every session attended
*This is an approximate list of what the club membership may include. This can change at any point, so please confirm with the club directly on what this membership includes.
Trials and Tasters
- Monday 25 September: 7pm – 8pm
- Thursday 28 September: 7pm – 8pm
- Friday 19 September: 3pm – 4pm
Exact times will be confirmed by the club upon registration.
BUCS Boxing Championships.