UoB Karate offers an inclusive and welcoming environment to learn and train karate throughout the year, no matter your ability.
We offer a range of sessions and opportunities, from complete beginners through to training for tournaments such as BUCS.
This, alongside the frequent and varied socials throughout the year, provides a special environment and a family away from home.
We train 3 times a week (Monday, Thursday, and Saturday) with our main two sessions in the week led by our head coach Mairi Kerin.
Everyone’s first two sessions are free, so come along and join UoB karate to meet some amazing people, improve your mental and physical wellbeing and have fun!
President: Becky Pink
Exact times will be confirmed by the club upon registration.
Compete in BUCS Karate National Championships which allows for a range of levels to enter.
£125 yearly membership includes:
- Maximum of 26 weeks x 6hrs per week qualified coaching
- Accommodation and travel for BUCS Competition fee
- Dojo facility for 26 weeks minimum 1.5 hr per week
- NGB Affiliation
- NGB member licence included
- Sport related equipment provided
Extra – not compulsory
- BUCS Competiton – £91 per person
- Club related social Activity
- Individual club clothing purchased – varied on price
*This is an approximate list of what the club membership may include. This can change at any point, so please confirm with the club directly on what this membership includes.
Trials and Tasters
Head to Karate’s Instagram page @birminghamkarate to find out more