Women's Rugby Union
University of Birmingham Women’s Rugby Club prides itself on being a competitive and inclusive club that welcomes people of all abilities.
We provide high quality training alongside regular socials. Currently we have teams competing in BUCS Northern Premiership and Midlands Tier 1. We also have a development squad that competes regularly, for those new to the game or players looking to build their confidence.
Our members range from people who have played Rugby prior to joining university to those who have never played before. Many girls who started at university are now playing for the 1st XV as well as clubs outside of the university.
Exact times will be confirmed by the club upon registration.
The club has 2 teams that compete in BUCS leagues ranging from Premier North to Tier 1, as well as multiple cup competitions, as well as the opportunity to play locally.
£145.50 annual membership includes:
- Maximum x 22 weeks x 3hrs per week of qualified coaching training sessions and fixtures
- Preseason Swim / Spin
- Maximum x 22 weeks x 4hrs per week training
- Travel to BUCS Fixtures across 2 teams
- Maximum 22 weeks x 1hr Spin per week
- Sport related equipment provided
Extra – compulsory
- Starters away fees – £8 per player per game (11 games)
- Finishers fee – £5 per player per game (11 games)
Extra – not compulsory
- Club related social Activity
- Individual club clothing purchased – varied on price
- Summer 7s
*This is an approximate list of what the club membership may include. This can change at any point, so please confirm with the club directly on what this membership includes.
Trials and Tasters
Head to Rugby Union Women Instagram page @uobwomensrugby to find out more